ABOUT GCOM: The GCoM research group is a member of Institute of Technology Management and Technopreneurship led by Associate Professor Dr. Ahmad Rozelan Yunus established in September 2013. Growing and Contingency Management, GCOM objective is to champion the field of business contingencies and growing management. In the future, the group is aimed to collaborate with few established research institutes locally and internationally in the field of business contingencies and growing management.
Research Areas are:
- Business Continuity Management
- Business Growth Strategies (Entrepreneurships/ Evaluation/ Leadership/ Marketing/ Organizational Learning)
- Human Aspect of Contingency (Behavior/ Organizational Learning/ Work Stress)
- Managing Advance Technology (Acceptance/ Adoption/ Diffusion/ Implementation/ Waste Management/ Innovation)
- Growing and Contingency Modeling
GCOM website: http://gcomreseacrhgroup.blogspot.com/
GROUP LEADER: ASSOCIATE PROFESOR DR AHMAD ROZELAN BIN YUNUS
ABOUT SuITE: Subsequent to the developments in Information and Telecommunication (IT) Technology in Malaysia, initiatives to measure the economic value of the usage and application of IT in any establishments and also individual has to be taken. Sustainable Information and Telecommunication Economics, SuITE, consists of non-technical and technical members interested in:
- Doing research in a non-technical IT application usage
- Providing services for impact and index measurement study related to Online Service Quality.
GROUP LEADER: ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR DR. MD.NOR HAYATI BIN TAHIR
ABOUT InSAS: Intelligent Simultaneous in Automotive System, InSAS is focusing on using Simultaneous Engineering (SE) technique to design, analyze and develop automotive and intelligent product that involve technology, process, people and services.
- To provide innovative and cost effective solutions to support automotive manufacturers, community and government agencies
- To support state-of-the-art scientific and experimental investigation
- To create the awareness of se for NPI, manufacturing, hybrid, autotronics, and business solution.
- To create a productive environment for educating both graduate and undergraduate students.
GROUP LEADER: DR. MUHAMMAD ZAHIR BIN HASSAN
ABOUT S-ICOMM: The main subject of study in Sustainable Industrial Community, S-Comm is 'industrial community' is selected based on an awareness of the fact that Malaysia has gone through a process of socio-economic transformation of a country of great agricultural to industrial. Such transformation is certainly high impact in the change in value, and significant structural changes. Something significant here is the community is (actor) who were involved in the development and the group would be impressed as a result of the development process, especially the development of this industry.
Hence it is proposed areas of focus S-ICOMM will revolve around 3 major themes:
- Community, Development and Change
- Ecosystem for Sustainable Development
- Values and Practices in Sustainable Industrial Development
The three themes will cover various aspects of the definition, theory, application, impact, challenges and issues of the role of the parties involved in the community and industry.
Specifically, the investigation will S-ICOMM specializes in the following sub-themes:
- Sustainable Community Development
- Social Impact Assessment
- Policy Studies
- Sociology of Development
- Industrial Sociology
- Psychology Industry
- Counseling Industry
- Human Resource Development
- Managing Technological Change
- Technology Culture
- Social Capital / Network Cohesion
- Sustainability Science
GROUP LEADER: DR ANIDAH BINTI ROBANI
ABOUT RIMA: Research & Innovation Management Advancement, RIMA is a research group established to be the group that focuses on promoting best practices in the management, administration, and support for research and innovation, to stimulate the translation of research results into policies, practices, and products that will facilitate sustainable socio-economic development of the country. The group intends to achieve its mission by offering training, capacity building, and professional development to its members and encouraging policy dialogue among triple-helix decision-makers – those in academia, industry, and government.
GROUP LEADER: MOHD SHAMSURI MD SAAD
ABOUT SMI: Two questions regarding green management have become synonym to enterprises. The first one is about green products making and the other one is on green enterprise transformation. For both cases, enterprises must be aware that business strategies for their future growth are now based on green principles. Organizational process, application or new products development has extended beyond the nature of product life cycle assessment. Entrepreneurial activities causing damages and disasters to the business ecosystem and Mother Nature should not be tolerated anymore. Hence, the group research Sustainable Management Initiatives, SMI is trying to explore green strategic decisions for the survival enterprises in Malaysia. This group research believes that the adoption of green technology becomes necessary to transform enterprises into a sustainable business. Consequently, a green business model would establish competitive advantage to speed up business recovery from the economic setback.
GROUP LEADER: DR.ISMI RAJIANI