1. A relevant Bachelor’s Degree (honours) with good grades (minimum CGPA of 2.75 or equivalent) from UTeM or any other institutions of higher learning recognised by the Senate; OR
2. Any other qualification that is recognised as equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree (honours) or other relevant qualifications and experience that are recognised by the Senate; OR
3. For candidate with Bachelor’s degree whose CGPA is between 2.74 and 2.5, relevant work experience in the related fields will be considered. One (1) year relevant experience will be considered as equivalent to 0.1 CGPA; OR
4. For candidate with Bachelor’s degree whose CGPA is between 2.49 and 2.00, minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the related fields will be considered.
5. Candidates with diploma qualification and minimum work experience of ten (10) years in the relevant field of interest will be considered together with UTeM’s Accredited Prior Experiential Learning (APEL) except for Masters of Business Administration and Master of Computer Science where MQA APEL application should be made directly to the MQA and approval
must first be obtained before applying to UTeM programme.
6. Applicants for the MBA programme must have at least one (1) year relevant working experience.
7. Application for Master (by Research) programme must be accompanied by an initial research proposal.
1. A Master degree from UTeM or any other accredited institutions of higher learning; OR
2. Any other qualifications that are recognised as equivalent to a Master degree or other relevant qualifications and experience that are recognised by the Senate.
3. There shall be no direct entry from bachelors degree level to doctoral degree level.
4. For Industrial PhD programme, candidate must be currently an employee as professionals, executives, engineers, researchers or equivalent, in the industry or Malaysian
company operating overseas.
5. Application for Doctoral degree must be accompanied by an initial research proposal.
For international applicants, the following additional requirement must be fulfilled:
1. Language Requirements
International applicants are required to present Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the test administered by the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with the minimum required score below:
|Minimum TOEFL Score||Minimum IELTS Score|
Applicants without TOEFL/IELTS or those who obtained a score below the requirement above are required to undergo and pass the English language programme conducted by UTeM prior to commencement of the postgraduate programme.
2. Other Requirements
- All international students are required to register as full time student and should have the financial capability to meet the course fees and living expenses
- Applicants need to submit a letter of certification from their Ministry of Education verifying nationality and academic qualifications of candidate.
- Academic transcripts and supporting documents must be certified true copies by a senior public official from the applicant’s country or from Malaysia.
- Proof of financial ability to pursue their studies and live in Malaysia for the duration of study. A letter of financial guarantee/sponsorship or the most recent financial statement from
applicant's bank is sufficient.
- Have international passport with at least two (2) years validity and meet all immigration procedures.
- Clear medical check-up by the health authorities.