Final Year Project (FYP) is the individual project, which takes place over the two semesters. It is a mandatory subject for students to be awarded with Ijazah Sarjana Muda (Bachelor Degree). In the FYP, students are expected to undergo research studies which relate to the major course offered in the faculty. The final year project consists of two parts; the first part FYP 1 is a prerequisite to the second part, FYP 2. These two parts of FYP are under subject code BEKU 4973 and BEKU 4983 respectively. The aim of the FYP is to enhance the students’ knowledge and skills in solving problem through structured project research in order to produce a competent and productive engineer.
Upon completion of Final Year Project, student should be able to
- identify and describe the problem and scope of project clearly
- collect, analyze and present data into meaningful information using relevant tools
- select, plan and execute a proper methodology in problem solving
- work independently and ethically
- present the results in written and oral format effectively
- identify basic entrepreneurship skills in project management