BACHELOR OF ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING (POWER ELECTRONIC & DRIVES) - BEKE
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Power Electronic & Drives) aims to produce graduates with technical knowledge and skills in the area of power electronics and drives. This field is growing rapidly in line with the development of electrical and electronic engineering technologies based on electronic power conversion technology and control techniques. This technology is used to design and produce efficient and high performance, small size and environmentally friendly product. Application of power electronics and drive technology involves several disciplines of analogue and digital systems, power converter, sensor, various types of electric motors, interfacing, computer and embedded controller program.
This course would take four (4) years minimum and consist of at least 138 credit hours.
The courses will emphases on Electrical Engineering with specialization in Power Electronics & Drives with the composition of the credits are as follows:
|Compulsory University Courses || |
|Core Program Courses || |
Core Course & Elective
This course will be conducted with approximately 80% of contact hours that emphasize theory and the remainder 20% meeting hour, involving the practical / laboratory experiments, computer-aided learning, and Problem Based Learning (PBL). It also encourages active and cooperative learning activities other than carrying out assignments, job workshops, industrial training and one final year project based on industrial problem.
Graduates Career Prospects
Vacancies within the industries for engineers that are skill and practical oriented which are going to be produced by UTeM have long not been fulfilled. Lots of highly trained workforces in the entire engineering sector including Industry Power, Control, Instrumentation and Automation, Power Electronics and Drive and Mechatronics in professional level are required. Job opportunities for UTeM graduates in these fields will be more comprehensive when they have been equipped with the technical knowledge and strong practical skills.
Field of works for Bachelor of Electrical Engineering and Mechatronics Engineering graduates include:
Some of the career fields that are suitable include Process and Manufacturing Engineer, Design and Research Engineer, Consultancies Engineer, Testing and Quality Engineer, System Engineer and Academicians.
- Semiconductor manufacturing industries
- Electrical items manufacturing
- High and Low Voltage components manufacturing
- Renewable Energy sector
- Oil and Gas Industries
- Consultancies Companies
- High technology industries such as aerospace industries
- Automation System manufacturing industries
- Biomedical Engineering Firms
- Software Development Sector
- Research and development Sector