Chancellery was established on December 1st, 2010 along with the establishment of the National Technical University of Malaysia (KUTKM). After undergoing a rebranding process, the name KUTKM was changed to Universiti Teknikal Malaysia Melaka (UTeM) on February 1st, 2007. Initially, the Chancellery operated at the Industry Campus in Ayer Keroh, Melaka. Year 2008 was a significant year as with the completion of the Main Campus located in Hang Tuah Jaya, Melaka, all operations were successfully transferred. Chancellery is the hub of the university’s administration.
Chancellery is responsible in policy planning and the development of the University towards achieving its vision and mission to emerge as one of the world's leading innovative and creative Technical Universities in the world and hence producing highly competent technical professionals through quality and world class technical university education based on application-oriented teaching, learning and research with smart university-industry partnership in accordance with National Aspirations.
In achieving the objectives and roles as the University’s main department, the functions and responsibilities are divided according to the following Office/Centre/Unit:1. Vice-Chancellor Office
2. Deputy Vice Chancellor Office (Academic & International)
3. Deputy Vice Chancellor Office (Research & Innovation)
4. Service Management Office
5. Corporate Planning and Communications Office
6. Academic Planning and Development Office
7. International Office
8. Legal Affairs Office
9. Industry and Community Network Office
10. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
11. Centre for Research and Innovation Management (CRIM)
12. Internal Audit Unit